On 7/29/05, Matthew Burgess <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you can think of suitable wording
> for the Glibc page in LFS, I don't mind adding it.  I know that's more
> my job than yours, but I'm not fully up to speed on the exact issues
> involved.

Netiher am I :-) All I know is glibc and libiconv should not be
installed on the same system.

How about the following note? Of course edit it for grammar and other things:
Some of the package installation documents indicate that you will need
to install libiconv available at
http://www.gnu.org/software/libiconv/.  This library should not be
installed on a glibc based system glibc implements iconv
functionality. Installing libiconv on a glibc based system causes
problems when compiling some packages.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]