> And I did break it in a rather obvious way.  Attached should be a
> working patch against lfs-bootscripts-3.2.2.  I've tested it
> to the best
> of the amount of time availible, but it should be correct.  Alexander,
> Archaic, Randy and anyone else who has seen the issue, I'd
> appreciate if
> you all could test and report back.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Well, I didn't have the problem before...  However, I am now experiencing
the following problem after applying your patch:

/etc# init.d/spamd stop
Stopping spamd...  [ FAIL ]

It was running, and it DID stop it, but reported a failure.
Then I tried starting it again:

/etc# init.d/spamd start
Starting spamd...
Unable to continue: /usr/bin/spamd is running  [ WARN ]

And it wasn't running.  :)

        Dave