Matthew Burgess wrote:
3) 'cfdisk -P t' segfaults on particular partition layouts (at least I'm guessing it's dependent on partition layouts, as reproducing it appears to be 'tricky' at best). I've tried working with Chris Beaker on this, but we were unable to reliably trigger/fix the bug. Changing the optimisation from -O2 to -O makes the problem go away. Compiling with '-O -funit-at-a-time' triggers it again (and it's the only one of the '-O2' level optimisation passes that does so). Compiling with '-O2 -fno-unit-at-a-time' still segfaults though. (1604).

Thanks for the info. I think this is more serious than the ftp issue. I
couldn't remember what my partitions are laid out like so I thought I'd have a
look...

andy:~$ su
Password:
root:/home/andy# cfdisk
Segmentation fault
root:/home/andy#

DOH!
I edited the configure script to set the CFLAGS to -O and recompiled and it's
working fine now. To me, cfdisk is a much more important system function than
ftp. The gcc-4 book should set the optimisation to -O by default, perhaps with

sed -i '[EMAIL PROTECTED]"-O2"@CFLAGS-"-O"@g' configure