Randy McMurchy wrote:
Anyone can write anything they want
to in a publication, be it fiction or be not.

This is a wholly incorrect statement. Ever heard of the word 'libel'?

[sigh.....] Here goes Jeremy again, making an issue out of
nothing. Who said anything about libel? Other than you?

Read through my post again, Randy. My comments had nothing to do with the article. I never said anything about any aspect of the article. In fact the only thing I did say about the article was that I wasn't applying the word 'libel' to it.

The entire point of my reply was that you made a ridiculous statement.

You said that anyone can write anything they want, as if there is never any responsibility attached. That is simply not true, and so I wanted to make that clear. Especially because it seemed you were using it as the foundation of any other argument you had. I brought up 'libel' because it helps to illustrate the point.

It would be wise of you to learn to read more carefully and to think a bit more clearly before you speak.

--
JH