Archaic wrote:
On Sat, Sep 17, 2005 at 05:35:54PM -0400, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

Again, as I see things, if we want to be using gcc4 we should be doing it correctly and using the code that is meant for it, ie, glibc

True enough, but snapshots suck. Before doing that, I would vote for
taking gcc-4 out of trunk so we can continue with gcc-3.4.x and

Why? Glibc snapshots especially are known to be working and stable(-ish ;) )

I've just now hit another problem with 2.3.5 and gcc4 on the powerpc arch. Another patch is necessary, making 7 total. Downloaded the snapshot that cross-lfs is using, 20050905, and tried to apply all seven patches against it. Every single one was rejected because the issues had already been fixed.

Anyway, I'm seriously thinking of moving to the snapshot for the next round of livecds, especially since it will seem to be less trouble for building on various archs. Also, the snapshot will let me use nptl on sparc instead of linuxthreads.

/me sits back and waits for Matt to swap out 2.3.5 with the snapshot.

--
JH