Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
Which new approach? How are we going to replace coldplug (aka /etc/rrc.d/init.d/hotplug): with udeveventrecorder in mandatory initramfs (this gives 100% accurate recovering of coldplug events because they are no longer coldplug events) or with an udevstart replacement that is not part of the official udev distribution yet?

These things are future enhancements to udev, they are not functions provided
by Hotplug. They are not a reason to hang on to these old shell scripts.

And the main question: how are we going to avoid libusb breakage in BLFS?

If a package in BLFS depends on Hotplug, perhaps a page about hotplug can be
added to BLFS? For what it's worth, libusb compiles and works fine for me
without the hotplug scripts.