El Viernes, 14 de Octubre de 2005 17:08, Bruce Dubbs escribió:

> I havn't tried jhalfs yet, but as a suggestion, /etc/shadow could have a
> null root password:
>
> echo "root::::::::" > /etc/shadow

Yes, but that will implies another deviation from the book's commands, and not
to corfim that Shadow is doing well their work.

> You could also put in default files for /etc/hosts,
> /etc/sysconfig/clock,/etc/sysconfig/console, /etc/sysconfig/network, and
> /etc/sysconfig/ifconfig.eth0/ipv4.
>
> The contents of these really don't matter that much for an initial boot,
> but can be changed after the user tests the system for the first time.

Actually, that default files are already created and placed into the final
system.

> /etc/fstab is a different matter.  If jhalfs could pick up a custom file
> from the host system written before running, it might avoid a
> post-script edit.

Good idea, a switch could be added tu supply a proper /etc/fstab file, in a
similar way that is done for the kernel configuration file.

> Grub is a bit more difficult.  I always have a separate /boot partition,
> so I can just copy the kernel, System.map, and (my technique) .config,
> to /boot from /mnt/lfs/path/to/file and edit /boot/grub/grub.conf (which
> could be done with an append).  I generally don't reinstall grub as I am
> building from a prior LFS system and the existing grub is fine.

I follow the same approach that you. The final Makefile message is saying only
what the LFS book say, but like you know, "Your distro, your rules" ;-)

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia