Matthew Burgess wrote:
> Dan Nicholson wrote:
>
>> If anything is
>> written, I'd be glad to peruse it and give an opinion as someone who
>> still has only the loosest grasp of how the hardware is set up.
>

> Well, I've written some notes up on this, though they're not entirely
> accurate.
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-dev/2005-October/053675.html
> has the original announcment and
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-dev/2005-October/053676.html
> has Alexander Patrakov's corrections to it, which I still haven't gotten
> around to incorporating yet.
>
> Regards,
>
> Matt.

Who the hell put the damn worms in the can in the first place?

I'm sorry I started this again now.  I have to say I am more confused
than ever.  Do the guys (I use the term loosly, as 'imbeciles' seems
more appropriate right now) upstream have any idea of the difficulties
they are creating by this almost undocumented mess?

I didn't have a clue how to answer Alex's question.  Where (or when) is
the document you read to find out.  (anyone replying 'read xyz
mailinglist archives' may fall on his sword without further ado...)

What EXACTLY was wrong with MAKEDEV?  So it created a few extra nodes.

R.