El Martes, 25 de Octubre de 2005 16:03, Jeremy Huntwork escribió:

> The idea of keeping the code cleaner by using a function is nice,
> however I disagree that this is more readable.

At least to me the version using "case" is more hard to read and isn't as
flexible as the "_IS_" function. The "_IS_" function can be used in places
where "case" don't fit very well.

For example, this

# If no .config file is supplied, the kernel build is skipped
    if [ -z $CONFIG ] ; then
      if echo $script | grep -q "kernel" ; then
        continue
      fi
    fi

has been simplified to

# If no .config file is supplied, the kernel build is skipped
    if [ -z $CONFIG ] && [[ `_IS_ $i kernel` ]] ; then
      continue
    fi

How that would look using "case"?

> Plus it appears that it
> would just be that much slower because we're using if and case in
> tandem, when a case alone would have sufficed.

The Makefile creation take less than 5 seconds on a slow machine using any of
the jhalfs versions (the old one, the new one, the "case" based one, or the
"regexp" based one.). I can't see a perfomance issue on that when the full
build process could take several hours.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia