Bruce Dubbs wrote:
An alternative way to maintain a master list might be to but it in an
.ent file as entities (similar to general.ent) and have each project
include that in the files where groups and users are needed.  For BLFS,
we add explicit useradd and group add instructions in most packages that
run as daemons so synchronization is an issue.

The issue is that we all use different SVN reps for our projects. These entity files could be forgotten to be checked across all projects. Syncing is an issue as you said.

I think we can easily have a file on the website somewhere we refer to. If an update is required, that'll be an easy task.

--
Gerard Beekmans