On Tue, 22 Nov 2005, Matthew Burgess wrote:

Yep, I ran into the same issue. Testing suggested that the /etc/passwd entry for users you want to `su' to need a home dir. I therefore changed the creation of the dummy user to:

echo "dummy:x:1000:1000::/root:/bin/bash" >> /etc/passwd

Have you updated your scripts to reflect the SVN upgrade of coreutils (http://websvn.linuxfromscratch.org/diff.php?repname=LFS&path=%2Ftrunk%2FBOOK%2Fchapter06%2Fcoreutils.xml&rev=7098&sc=0 should give you a decent overview of what's needed by the new version)?

Regards,

Matt.

Doh, my local copy of the book includes that, but everybody already knows I can't read (or, more accurately, I can't spot differences in text if I think it matches). Thanks.

Ken