I read all the lists (I think, I didn't check for new ones recently).
I have not seen this on lfs-dev or blfs-dev.  Which lists?

cross-lfs

Gerard, you just burst back on the scene after months (or was it
eons?) of inactivity with a 'I'm The Boss, listen to me' kind of
mailing.  What do you expect people to think?  Most will be too awed
by your illustrious presence to say anything,

First off, if I truly came over as "I'm the boss and you'll do things my way" then I apologize. I read my first email in this thread again after you replied the first time and I did come over stronger than I meant (though IMO not entirely without cause).

If people are too awed to speak up...well...in this case the people who need to be deciding on this matter are folks who have known me long enough to not be awed by my presence, illustrious or otherwise.

> but I've been here long enough to speak and be damned.

As are the other project leaders so that all works out then. Or so was the idea at any rate.

--
Gerard Beekmans