Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
Andrew Benton wrote:

+1 for wget

I suggested this a long time ago - one of my first few posts to the list, IIRC. While it is one of the first BLFS packages I build, if we include it, the question becomes, at what point do we stop?

--
JH

Yeah, at some point you have to decide what the line is for a "minimal system". The LFS book already builds ftp, and you can use that to get wget or anything else you need. The end of the book does already suggest that you can go to BLFS and build a text web browser and few a other things will still in chroot (though perhaps it should also mention that you shouldn't build too much while in chroot because that could potentially cause problems for some packages).