Kev Buckley wrote:

Ah, yes. The Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything LFS. I personally think it's more than just building a minimal working system, and I think there are others that will agree with me there. That should be shown by the fact that there are and continue to be such packages as perl, auto{make, conf}, vim and readline in the base LFS book. (This wasn't meant to start a discussion about whether or not those packages should be there - we've done that already.)

--
JH

The answer is 42

Matt

Surely 57 - that being the number of package users created when
installing the current SVN of LFS (though I'm including
LFS_Bootscripts and the kernel as "packages" there )

Then again, maybe it is 56: because you don't really need to install
Berkeley DB (so to get arpd from IPRoute2) at the LFS stage of system building ?

Not a hitchhikers guide to the galaxy fan ?