Alexander E. Patrakov wrote these words on 12/10/05 01:43 CST:

> HAL instructions in BLFS have the following bug here (however, with HAL
> updated to 0.5.5.1): directories under /media "leak". I.e., if I plug
> and unplug my USB flash drive several times,
> /media/usbdisk{1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,...} are created.

I do not see this behavior. The mount points in media are created and
removed as the drive is plugged in and out. /etc/fstab is appropriately
updated as well. Are you saying that you are plugging and unplugging
the drive in very quickly (plugging it back in after having unplugged
it for a second or less)?

> I think (but I may be wrong, I am not a HAL expert) that this is related
> somehow to the fact that BLFS suppresses the use of the "managed"
> keyword in /etc/fstab for entries managed by HAL.

Again, I am not seeing this behavior. fstab is appropriately updated
on my system. I never liked the fact that I suppressed the managed
keyword, but as you say, the drives can't be mounted with the managed
keyword in fstab, so I really had no choice.

I'm curious as to why your system is acting differently than mine. I
wonder if it could be something with the Udev version and/or hotplug
setup?

--
Randy

01:50:01 up 76 days, 11:14, 3 users, load average: 1.05, 1.06, 0.87