Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> I just wanted to report on the status of the alphabetical branch as it
> currently stands. For all intents and purposes, I believe it produces a
> stable environment. I have built many, many packages on top of it and
> it's working wonderfully.

Ummm, I don't wanna be a party pooper but I'm afraid "stable environment"
and "working wonderfully" simply do not cut the mustard as a measure of
the effectiveness of the said changes.

IMHO, a very important aspect of these proposed changes is to check
whether Ch 6 can reproduce itself reliably. There is only one way to
properly measure reproducibility and that is to do some binary diffing a
la ICA (Iterative Comparison Analysis). My techniques (detailed in the
gsbuild scripts) are not perfect but they have certainly been good enough
over the years to detect quite a few bugs.

Maybe you could integrate some ICA style functionality into jhalfs?

Regards
Greg
--
http://www.diy-linux.org/