On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 06:54:53PM -0800, Jim Gifford wrote:

> Anyone who has been following the kernel and hotplug development lists
> know that hotplug is depreciated.

I don't and can't follow either of them. No editor can be expected to be
an expert on every topic or to follow every technology. As for hotplug,
I know from a vast number of threads that hotplug is on its way out the
door. And I take your word on it that your implementation works, however
there is more than one way to skin a cat so it would be nice to know why
you chose the method you did, i.e. what its benefits are versus other
possibilities. That is all that is being asked.

> Maybe I should not post these types of advances anymore, it just seems
> to get everyone in an uproar over nothing.

Please explain where the uproar is?

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch