Greg Schafer wrote:

> But that doesn't escape the fact that this "every man for himself"
> approach is essentially wrong. Yes it's been talked about for years, but
> Linux *needs* a centralized linux headers project of some sort. Llh is a
> step in the right direction and IMHO there is still plenty of life in it
> yet..

Yes, and as we've also said for years, it's the glibc and kernel guys
responsibility, but they don't want to acknowledge it. There is no damn
use in building anything without properly publishing the user ABI/API.
Meanwhile we can't castigate Mauritz, who has his own life to lead, if
we are not prepared to do something ourselves.

Jim's script might not be perfect, either in practice for from a
philosophical point of view, but at least he's got off his Butt and done
something that might, just, help us out of a hole.  Just as he and Ryan
did with cross builds.

R.