On 3/13/06, Chris Staub <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> OK, I've got the dependency list done -
> http://linuxfromscratch.org/~chris/dependencies.txt. Probably still not
> complete, but it's about as close as I'll ever get.

Chris, here's what's in my (pathetic compared to yours) dependency notes:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~dnicholson/dn-dependencies.txt

What I have that's not in yours.

* Man-DB: depends on flex
* Kbd: depends on gettext
* Tar: depends on bison and inetutils
* Util-linux: depends on e2fsprogs
* Iproute2: depends on flex

I'm fairly certain I determined all of these from ICA.  I can't
immediately tell if these are build order dependencies, too.
Although, knowing that flex, bison and e2fsprogs are only built in Ch.
6, I think it's safe to add this.

* Bison must be installed before...tar
* Flex must be installed before...Iproute2 Man-DB
* E2fsprogs must be installed before...Util-linux

Also, I know that tar depends on more than the minimal set of
inetutils installed in Ch. 5 because ICA showed differences, so

* Inetutils must be installed before...Tar

I don't think gettext has to be installed before kbd, just needs the
minimal set from Ch. 5.  Can't entirely recall, though.

--
Dan