Hi all,

Hopefully the name of the two different threads is not so similar that
it looks to all as one thread. :-)

I'm adding K3b to the book. Some preliminary testing has shown that
it will work when installed in a prefix other than $KDE_PREFIX. Note
that this is limited testing and most of my experience and testing of
K3b has been with it installed in $KDE_PREFIX.

As a rule, we try to install in /usr, if possible. However, K3b is
a KDE application, requires KDE to be installed, and the default
installation (without using --prefix on the configure command line)
results in going into $KDE_PREFIX. Additionally, the maintainer doesn't
support an installation outside of $KDE_PREFIX.

Where should K3b be installed, /usr or $KDE_PREFIX?

--
Randy

10:56:00 up 29 days, 19:05, 3 users, load average: 0.00, 0.09, 0.17