On Wed, 12 Apr 2006, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> This is all good stuff. But the question still is how crucial is this
> space to a by-the-book LFS build?
Even if saving space on the partition is not crucial, there are a some
reasons for me to clean up /tools anyway: /tools is intended to be a
somehow minimal set of tools required to build chapter 6. Debugging
symbols are not needed for that and man pages shouldnt be either. So I
would at least like to see a chapter 5 stripping note telling me that I
have "unused stuff" in /tools that can be removed.
Furthermore I like to "backup" /tools, e.g. for reference or to start
several chapter6 (-like) builds. Knowing about what can be removed from
/tools is helpful for that too.

Whats wrong with having a stripping note that can be skipped by people
who do not want/need to clean up /tools?

Uwe