Jeremy Huntwork wrote these words on 04/30/06 18:48 CST:

> That always kind of bugged me - that in the middle of the flow you have
> to go *back* in the book and repeat some instructions.

You must do this in two other spots in the book and it has always
bugged me as well. I remember not too long ago someone posted that
they got all screwed up because they went back into the book
following the instructions, forgot that the went *back* in the book,
and picked up in the next section, forgetting that they were *back*
in the book.

I have done the same exact thing.

Anyway, as long as you're trying to remove confusion, I'd like to see
th mention of going *back* to GCC Pass1 in the GCC Pass2 instructions
to just include the instructions again instead of saying to go back
to the Pass1 instructions.

And, more importantly, I'd like to see the GCC test suite instructions
in chapter 6 instead of Chapter 5. I think it is ridiculous that in
Chapter 5 you recommend not doing the tests, yet the instructions and
information about running the tests are in chapter 5. Then when you
get to Chapter 6 and the book says *don't fail* to run the checks, you
have to go back to Chapter 5 to get anything meaningful.

It just makes no sense at all.

--
Randy

18:57:01 up 36 days, 6:34, 1 user, load average: 0.36, 0.25, 0.23