> Kevin Buckley wrote:
>
> > To my mind, having a full list of of all the users and groups that
> > BLFS users MIGHT require, presented to readers of an LFS book, is akin
> > to going WBLFS - "Way Beyond LFS".
>
> Have you read BLFS?  Specifically,
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/cvs/postlfs/users.html
>
>   -- Bruce

I do apologise, I must have read your mail as suggesting that a full
list (ie existing LFS and the above reffered-to list in BLFS) should be
presented in the LFS book, so as not to cause extra work in BLFS,
rather than just maintaining the status quo, as say, in the case of the
existing LFS "audio" group.

I can see, on re-reading you mail, that my original interpretation
wasn't what you were actually aiming at.

I am still not a fan of nailing down the groups in LFS, but that's
more of a "my distro, my rules" viewpoint, arrived at once I had
become educated.

Looks like I did fall into Matt Darcy's catergory 1) of posters after
all - apologies for the noise,
Kevin

--
Regards,

*  Kevin M. Buckley              e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]   *
*  Systems Administrator                                             *
*  Computer Centre                                                   *
*  Lancaster University          Voice:  +44 (0) 1524 5 10155        *
*  LANCASTER. LA1 4YW            Fax  :  +44 (0) 1524 5 25113        *
*  England.                                                          *
*  My PC runs Linux/GNU, you still computing the Bill Gate$' way ?   *