El Sábado, 27 de Mayo de 2006 13:13, Randy McMurchy escribió:

> You may want to see if the sgmldiff program from docutils can help.
> It may work with XML just fine. And if so, it sounds like it may
> help.

That type of tools help comparing XML trees, but not CDATA.

CDATA (the actual output text) will be different in translated books, except
for the ones inside {screen}{userinput} blocks  and the
{packages,patches}.ent files, that must be identical.

To compare {packages,patches}.ent is easy, but to have a clean diff of
{screen}{userinput} blocks some way of stracting that info from the book is
needed. We could to use the ugly and unmantained dump-commands.xsl stylesheet
supplied with the book sources (plus diffing packages.ent, due that packages
versions aren't resolved by that) , to develop a new approach, to see if same
translators-helper program can do the work (I don't use they, then I don't
know), or to use jhalfs.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia