El Lunes, 25 de Septiembre de 2006 21:39, Dan Nicholson escribió:

> I've been thinking about this for a while. Is there any reason why
> jhalfs doesn't use the $package-url entity to find out the tarball
> instead of assuming that there is a 1:1 mapping between package and
> tarball?
> With a small shell function (or xsl if it's easier), you
> could strip out the tarball name and figure out the directory
> (approximately using tar -tf $tarball | head -n1). Then you could get
> rid of the ugliness in get_package_tarball_name() and get_sources().
> If you think it could be done, I'd be glad to work on it. I think this
> could also be done as a make function.

The current mapping work-flow is
html_page_name-->script_name-->package_name-->tarball_name-->sources_dir_name.

What you are speaking about is the last three steps
(package_name-->tarball_name-->sources_dir_name). If there is a way to
simplifiy it I will be very happy changing the code.

In this case (headers installed from the kernel sources) the issue is about
html_page_name-->build_script_name-->package_name mapping, and that can't be
done until know how that new "Headers Installation" page will be called.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia