El Lunes, 30 de Octubre de 2006 19:12, Jeremy Huntwork escribió:
> Hi Everyone,

Hi :-)

I'm very happy to see you again.

> First off, the ALFS project as a whole needs some re-structuring. I
> gather that development on jhalfs is still hot (I've taken a peek at
> recent code - you guys are doing some cool stuff. :) ),

Thanks, we are doing the best we can.

> but it seems
> that everything else there is rather dead. I'd suggest dropping the rest
> of it entirely, focus on improving jhalfs, and clean up the project so
> that it better reflects the activity. This leads me to my second point...

I agree. Profiles are unmaintained from several time ago and no more
development is done on the nALFS code and DTD.

I still would see something working on the alfs server-client binary code, but
looks like there is no progremmers interested on (or maybe the lack of
interest is due how jhalfs has been improved).

> The ALFS page on the website is a good example of the condition of the
> site as a whole. The content there is generally outdated and there's
> nothing to show the activity that's going on in the background. So, I
> guess I'm curious if there is still resistance to the idea of turning
> the wiki into the main site.

I agree also. I'm triying to keep up-to-date the wiki pages, but I have no
acces to update the web pages.

Gerard is working on building the new server. Maybe the decission about that
should be taken soon to have it implemented on the new server from the
beggining.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia