Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote these words on 12/05/06 20:37 CST:
>> Randy McMurchy wrote:
>>>  Is Belgarath still scheduled to render every
>>> night?
>> Anduin does it from a cron script.  See /usr/bin/render-blfs-book.sh
>> there.  It does require belgarath to be up for svn and ssh though.  I've
>> received a couple of messages that indicate name server problems.
>
> I suppose I'm too much out of the loop at this point to figure out
> what you mean. All I know is that I cannot access Belgarath right
> now, and I don't understand what Anduin has to do with it.

I ported the BLFS rendering script to anduin to reduce the load on
belgarath.  It does an svn -extract, renders the book, and copies the
files back to belgarath.

> Never mind. I'll just wait until Monday (sheesh, and today is only
> Tuesday) and see if we don't have a new server then. What really
> confuses me is that there is 1/4 of the traffic on Belgarath that
> it used to handle, yet it is down almost every time I try to
> 1) send mail
> 2) look at Trac
> 3) update my sandbox
> 4) try to commit something

I wonder if isn't something between you and belgarath.  I seem to get in
via ssh in a reasonable time.  I do note that there seems to be quite a
bit of swapping going on.

  -- Bruce