Bruce Dubbs ha scritto:
> What I still don't understand is why one could get into
> the situation that "packages install a D-Bus  .service file outside of
> the standard /usr/share/dbus-1/services directory".  Have you run in
> that situation?
>

>   -- Bruce

Hi Bruce.

I don't know if it can be compared or what but I've ran into the same
situation of .service files outside /usr/share/dbus-1/services
installing Gnome-2.14.2 and Gnome-2.16.0 (not in the book) as per book.

In the specific .service files are:

/opt/gnome-2.14.2/share/dbus-1/services
/{net.ekiga.helper.service,net.ekiga.instance.service,org.gnome.Epiphany.service,org.gnome.SettingsDaemon.service}

and for Gnome-2.16.0, in addition to ones above

/opt/gnome-2.16.0/share/dbus-1/services/gnome-vfs-daemon.service.

I simply added the two servicedirs in session-local.conf.

Luca