On Wednesday 14 February 2007 19:36, M.Canales.es wrote:
> El Miércoles, 14 de Febrero de 2007 20:22, Matthew Burgess escribió:
> > Oh, and Manuel, if jhalfs is using any other workarounds currently, or
> > needs to in the future, could you let lfs-dev know so we can see whether
> > the book needs to integrate the fixes?  Thanks.
> >
> > In an ideal world, jhalfs should be using the *exact* commands that are
> > in the LFS book.
>
> Well, that work-around was needed due jhalfs is using a lot of basshims in
> their internal code, not due issues with the book commads itself.

Thinking about this a bit more, now that we know that LFS needs to be built
under bash, can we not just get rid of the workaround of doing `make
SHELL=/bin/bash' in jhalfs and instead just do a config check on the host
instead to see what the current shell is and bail out if it's anything other
than 'bash'?  FYI, although Ubuntu uses /bin/dash by default, /bin/bash is
available on a default install so it shouldn't be hard for a user to get a
sane environment.

Thanks,

Matt.