El Sábado, 24 de Febrero de 2007 00:36, Bruce Dubbs escribió:

> Manuel,
>   I've only been following this casually.  What was different about the
> chroot command that would cause a segfault?

The first issue was that chapter06/115-strippingagain script was using
#!/bin/bash as the shabang, thus after stripping libreadline and/or
libhistory the subshell hangs, leading to a "make: Error 126"

That has been fixed changing that script shabang to #!/tools/bin/bash

The second issue, not fixed yet, is that when resuming a failed chroot build
after installing Chapte06 Bash, $LFS/bin/bash exist and is the final bash
binary (not the link to /tools/bin/bash created at the begining of the
chapter), thus "make mk_CHROOT" will use $LFS/bin/bash as the $SHELL instead
using  /tools/bin/bash (like does on a clean build), segfaulting when running
the strip command.

To fix that we need to force the mk_CHROOT target to allways
use /tools/bin/bash as their $SHELL, but withiut messing the shell used by
sub-make process launched by build scripts :-/

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia