On Thursday 10 May 2007 20:01:04 M.Canales.es wrote:
> El Jueves, 10 de Mayo de 2007 19:56, Matthew Burgess escribió:
>
> > In the same boat as that is groupmems, which is installed by Shadow.
> > Again, no source of info as to what it is supposed to do.
>
> This one have a man page. At least it XML source can be found in
> {shadow_sources}/man/groupmems.8.xml

Well, something's screwed up with Shadow then (surprise, surprise!):

$ for file in `ls -1 /sources/shadow-4.0.18.1/man/*.8`; do
ls /usr/share/man/man8/$(basename $file); done;

/usr/share/man/man8/chgpasswd.8
/usr/share/man/man8/chpasswd.8
/usr/share/man/man8/faillog.8
/usr/share/man/man8/groupadd.8
ls: cannot access /usr/share/man/man8/groupdel.8: No such file or directory
ls: cannot access /usr/share/man/man8/groupmems.8: No such file or directory
ls: cannot access /usr/share/man/man8/groupmod.8: No such file or directory
ls: cannot access /usr/share/man/man8/grpck.8: No such file or directory
ls: cannot access /usr/share/man/man8/grpconv.8: No such file or directory
/usr/share/man/man8/grpunconv.8
/usr/share/man/man8/lastlog.8
/usr/share/man/man8/logoutd.8
/usr/share/man/man8/newusers.8
/usr/share/man/man8/nologin.8
/usr/share/man/man8/pwck.8
/usr/share/man/man8/pwconv.8
/usr/share/man/man8/pwunconv.8
/usr/share/man/man8/sulogin.8
/usr/share/man/man8/useradd.8
/usr/share/man/man8/userdel.8
/usr/share/man/man8/usermod.8
/usr/share/man/man8/vigr.8
/usr/share/man/man8/vipw.8

Can someone with more Automake/Makefile foo explain to me why those 5 man
pages aren't being installed please?  It might just be a conincidence, but
they all appear on the same line in the definition of man_MANS in
man/Makefile!  Other man sections that shadow installs files to look OK using
a similar script to the one above.

Thanks,

Matt.