Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On 5/23/07, taipan67 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> The IPRoute2-2.6.20-070313 tarball contains :- man/man8/tc-bfifo.8 &
>> man/man8/tc-pfifo.8, the latter being a symlink to the former.
>>
>> Makefile installs both, then overwrites them with symlinks to
>> tc-pbfifo.8, which doesn't exist.
>>
>> My solution is to :-
>>
>> rm man/man8/tc-pfifo.8 && mv man/man8/tc-bfifo.8 man/man8/tc-pbfifo.8
>>
>> ...prior to 'make SBINDIR=/sbin install' (this should probably be done
>> upstream as a permanent fix, if it hasn't already).
>>

> Thanks for the report. I noticed this a couple months ago, but haven't
> gotten into the book yet.
>
> http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-dev/2007-March/059166.html
>
> --
> Dan

Thanks Dan - a search from the LFS homepage didn't highlight your
earlier entry, so sorry for the duplicate (more search-practice
required, maybe).

I chose my solution in preference to changing the Makefile basically
because the man-page shipped with the tarball, tc-bfifo.8, still has
'pbfifo 8' in it's opening text, so i assumed it was a term still supported.

Then again, it's also dated January 2002, so perhaps it has been
dropped, in which case removing the 2 symlinking instructions from the
Makefile (& upstream editing their man-page) would be the way to go.