Greg Schafer wrote:
> Mark Rosenstand wrote:

>>> Yeah, that's about the least reliable server on the internet :) You
>>> can just use a mirror for now.
>>>
>> It's _unresolvable_ and has been so for several months. I don't think
>> it's coming back.
>>
>> pld.org.pl redirects to pld-linux.org, and the latest version of shadow
>> at their FTP site is 4.0.3.
>>
>> I haven't gotten any traffic from their mailing list since Feb 1, which
>> was the maintainer telling that he was busy with his new job.
>>

> AFAICT shadow is dead. The maintainer has a history of.. um, shall we say,
> being difficult. This is evidenced by a FAQ on the PLD site:
>
> http://www.pld-linux.org/FAQ#head-8d1d084c78d30202351371109aa23ef2350f8c0f
>
> In the following bug report there is mention of Debian possibly taking
> over maintenance:

> I sure hope they do..
>
> Regards
> Greg

I'm on my 1st LFS install at the moment, & when the Shadow link wouldn't
resolve, i grabbed the tarball from one of the Gentoo mirrors - every
package that they support is stored in the 'distfiles' sub-directory.
Only version 4.0.18.1 is currently available, though...

...Incidentally, the 'useradd_fix-2.patch' broke useradd, which i
discovered because i'm following the 'pkgusr' hint. The 'fix-1.patch'
solved the problem. When my install is complete, i'll try to determine
why the later patch gave me trouble & post any findings here...