On 7/23/07, M.Canales.es <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> El Lunes, 23 de Julio de 2007 02:37, Dan Nicholson escribió:
>
> > That's what I meant.
>
> tst-vfork3.out just contains:
>
> script 1
> script 1
> script 1
> script 1
> script 1
> script 2
> script 2
> script 2
> script 2
> script 2
> script 3
> script 3
> script 3
> script 3
> script 3
> echo failed with status 512
>
> Do you need tst-vfork3.mtrace and/or test-vfork3.o.d?

That doesn't say too much. OK, looking at postix/test-vfork3.c, I
think I see the issue. At that point it does 'unsetenv ("PATH");' and
then tries to execute "echo". For this to work, we need to have echo
in /bin, which we don't at that point. If /bin/echo -> /tools/bin/echo
is added to the Essential Symlinks, I bet it will pass. Can you give
that a try?

Hmm. We may want to scour through the essential symlinks again. Greg
seems to be getting away without grep and stty.

http://www.diy-linux.org/x86-reference-build/chroot.html#c-create_symlinks

> > That's one of those things I'd like to make
> > cleaner/easier in jhalfs.
>
> Well, on normal failures the build dirs are keep. For forced failures like
> this one, what I do is to not run automatically the Makefile, insert a "exit
> 1" on the appropriate build script, and then launch manually the Makefile.
> Very easy and quick, IMHO
>
> But if what you are thinking is on an option to keep all build dirs, that's
> another beast ;-)

That's what I had in mind. I have an idea of how to store a list of
"keep_dirs" to compare against the current build/src directory, but I
don't know if it will get really ugly. Manually killing it at the
right spot works for now.

--
Dan