On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 07:01:27PM +0200, M.Canales.es wrote:

> On the Pentium-IV machin I have no current testsuites logs right now. On the
> AMD64 machine I have the logs for a normal build, a 3-iterations build and a
> build using MAKEFLAGS=-j3. On all of them the results are identical:
>
> LAST_UPDATED: Obtained from SVN: tags/gcc_4_1_2_release revision 121944
>
> Native configuration is i686-pc-linux-gnu

[...]
>   === g++ tests ===
>

> Running target unix
> XPASS: g++.dg/tree-ssa/pr14814.C scan-tree-dump-times &this 0
> XPASS: g++.old-deja/g++.other/init5.C execution test

[...]
>   === libstdc++ tests ===
>

> Running target unix
> XPASS: 26_numerics/cmath/c99_classification_macros_c.cc (test for excess
> errors)
[...]
> The unique diference with Bruce's result are the 2 unexpected successes in
> gcc.

 I'm seeing exactly the same on an AMD64 running 32-bit and built
from LFS-svn-2006-12-09 (gcc-4.1.1, ld-2.17, glibc-2.5), currently
running kernel 2.6.22-rc1.

 Looking back at my packages from December, I can see that these
were the standard versions of binutils and glibc, without any branch
update patches.  Running /lib/libc.so.6 in chroot shows '2.5' even
though we have a branch update patch applied.  As a matter of form,
should we in future change how we produce branch_update patches so
that there is some sort of date identifier produced when asking for
the version, the way that most distros do ?

ĸen