Hi all,

I was playing around with Totem and discovered in this version of GNOME,
the default backend is GStreamer instead of Xine. I popped a disc in the
drive and Totem comes back and says that the required plugin is not
available and aborts playing the movie.

I'm guessing that Totem needs the FFMpeg plugin to decode movie files
on DVD. This is just a guess. Can anyone confirm this? I've got the
Base, Good and Ugly plugins installed to GStreamer now.

Anyway, I rebuilt Totem specifying Xine as the backend, and it plays
the movie as it should.

I'd like to mention the appropriate stuff on the Totem page, as I'm
thinking most folks will want to view movies if they install Totem.
Who's got it all working with the GStreamer back-end?

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.23] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
12:48:00 up 14 days, 5:55, 1 user, load average: 0.22, 0.06, 0.01