Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> Alright, I've done some testing on this. (Greg, have you been able to
> look at anything related on your end?)

No, sorry. Got busy (damn customers :-)

> Let me just say first of all,
> that the more I think about it, the saner it seems to save bootstrapping
> GCC until pass 2.

Conversely, the more I think about it, the more I don't like it.. will say
more after I've done some analysis. However, I haven't written it off yet..

> The host that Alexander suggested, multilib Debian Lenny for x86_64 with
> 32-bit userspace makes a good testcase.

I disagree. We're trying to keep it simple, no multilib, no mix of
32-bit/64-bit userland/kernel. The simplest test case we have is:

pure x86_64 host comprised of
gcc-4.2.1/glibc-2.6.1/hjl-binutils-2.17.50.0.18
targetting
gcc-4.1.2/glibc/-2.5.1/fsf-binutils-2.17

We are trying to eliminate the "target ld doesn't like host libc" issue,
aren't we? If so, the above test case tells us immediately because we know
it doesn't work. Anyhoo, I'll follow up when I have some more facts.

Regards
Greg
--
http://www.diy-linux.org/