On Tuesday 28 August 2007 16:53, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> If anyone has clean test/build logs to contribute for the 6.3 book,
> please tar them up and post them with a hardware description.
> Preferably Ch. 5 and Ch. 6, but just Ch. 6 will do. They will
> eventually go here:
>
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/build-logs/
>
> I have logs for the Ch. 6 tests form a Core Duo laptop. These were
> generated from jhalfs, which makes it really easy if anyone is
> interested in helping out. I'll be uploading them later today some
> time.
>
> --
> Dan
>
> P.S. Same goes for development/

You can find my build logs (as a .tar.bz2) at
http://www.quokworld.com/lfs/6.3/lfs-6.3-build-logs.tar.bz2.
Or just browse around http://www.quokworld.com/lfs/6.3/logs/.

My machine is a dual Xeon 3.2Ghz (hyperthreaded, heh), 2GB of RAM and a couple
250GB SATA drives. (Dell Precision 470).

I used jhalfs-2.3 and the lfs livecd-x86-r2032 for my build host on this.
Unfortunately the SBU values created don't mean all that much because there
were a couple of packages (gcc and man-db) that failed to build due to
MAKEFLAGS being set to -j5. Setting it down to -j3 allowed GCC to build, but
man-db refused to build unless MAKEFLAGS was empty. Anyway, if wanted, I can
send in that SBU report.. Total SBUs was like 163 or so (without building the
kernel).

Rich Edelman