Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> taipan67 wrote:
>

>> Well, if you consider that when installing & configuring grub1 you are
>> currently obliged to use the term 'root' in *five* different contexts,
>> they're actually getting better... ;)
>>

> Really?  I only know of one.  Can you expand on your comment?
>
>   -- Bruce

Okay, the grub-shell uses 'root' to tell grub on which partition to find
it's stage-files...

Then in /boot/grub/menu.lst, the term is used first to tell grub on
which partition to find the kernel, then again on the kernel-line to
define the partition on which the linux-filesystem is rooted (at '/' aka
'root')...

All of which must be done as the root-user...

Is that five or only four? I hope i wasn't exaggerating & slandering
grub's good name.

Apologies if the above expansion is confusing - then again, that's kinda
the point, innit? :)

taipan