On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 4:35 PM, Greg Schafer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  You seem to be striving for perfection. When I want all the bells and
>  whistles I run a mainstream distro. It is simply too labour intensive to
>  have "the lot" on a self built system. I looked at the amount of effort
>  Dan has apparently put into his RPM based system and weeped :-(

:)

I was telling Jeremy that when I started converting all my specs to
RPM, I figured it'd take a month or two just hammering through the
conversion. That started in October and has seemingly no end in sight.
But now that I've gotten this far, you can be damn sure that I'll at
least enjoy my one click[1] installs for a few months before I abandon
ship. Looking back, I probably should have just loaded up Fedora, but
I just can't do it. I like having things under my control a little too
much.

--
Dan

[1] http://packagekit.org/pk-screenshots.html