On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 9:00 PM, Alexander E. Patrakov
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Gerard Beekmans wrote:
>> So to summarize simply using the %configure macro won't run it like we'd
>> want the configure script to be run.

Yeah. %configure would do a lot more than ./configure. Not that that's
a bad thing, but it creates a difference between the two scenarios and
could lead to one person having the package working correctly and one
not.

>> Can't it be overridden or introduce our own %configure-like macro that
>> does run things like the book does?

You can override all the macros or not use them at all.

> Why not just say somewhere on the PM page that we don't use the %configure and
> similar macros in our spec files (and call ./configure directly instead)
> because
> we want 100% correspondence between commands in no-PM and RPM versions of LFS?

Right, that's why I was saying you'd probably want to minimize the
macro usage in general. However, from the perspective of someone using
RPM, I really want to use the macros.

--
Dan