Hi,

This is the initial announcement for the initd-tools project. It aims
to implement the install_initd and remove_initd programs described in
the LSB 3.2:

http://refspecs.linux-foundation.org/LSB_3.2.0/LSB-Core-generic/LSB-Core-generic/initsrcinstrm.html

The implementation aims for a SysV initialization scheme using the
/etc/rc*.d directories. More information can be found on the webpage:

http://www.dwcab.com/projects/initd-tools/

This also serves as the release announcement for version 0.1.1.

http://www.dwcab.com/downloads/initd-tools/initd-tools-0.1.1.tar.gz
MD5: fc2d08377f40ebfa54c9bbbc175ec21c  initd-tools-0.1.1.tar.gz

It mostly seems to be working, but there is still a bug in the
Should-Stop code as well as many other bugs that probably have not
been uncovered in my limited testing. Please use with caution and
backup your /etc/init.d and /etc/rc*.d directories before using
install_initd and remove_initd.

Let me know if you have any interest or issues with the code. For now,
you can just email me about it at this address. If there's enough
interest, we can try to set up a mailing list and bug tracker.

Enjoy!

--
Dan