Dan Nicholson wrote these words on 10/12/08 11:46 CST:

> Usually the reason is because the path to the tools gets built into
> another script/program. In the dependencies appendix, it says that sed
> must be built before e2fsprogs. I think it's mk_cmds that hardcodes
> the location of sed, but that's just a guess.
>
> I think coreutils must be built before bash because of something that
> gets substituted into bashbug.

I was out at the barn feeding the animals and I thought the same exact
thing. That some *broken* packages have hard-coded paths to /usr. But
it's been a long time since we alphabetized the installation and almost
every package has been updated since.

I wonder if that brokenness has been fixed. Worth a jhalfs try to see
if we can move coreutils and sed into alphabetic order.

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.23] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]