Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> There is a problem, however. The script uses open() but with 3 arguments
> instead of 2. From what I've found so far, this change in syntax was
> introduced in perl-5.8.0, so the installation of Linux Headers fails if
> the host's version of perl is < 5.8.0. I'm investigating possibilities,
> such as modifying the script to use two parameters, but at least for
> now, adding a minimal perl to /tools beforehand solves the issue.

The last stable release of Perl pre-5.8.0 was 5 years ago and
the first stable release of Perl-5.8.0 was 6 and a half years
ago. I'm not sure that LFS needs to worry about someone using
a host from that vintage. It wouldn't pass many of the other
prerequisites either.

I realize this was just FYI, but since you casually mention
adding a minimal Perl to /tools, I'd thought I'd mention that
it really wouldn't do us any good.

--
Randy