On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 12:03 PM, DJ Lucas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> xf86-video-intel is probably a big problem.  It fails specifically
> because of changes in libdrm.  Hopefully 2.4.3 is out soon.  I haven't
> investigated the others because I do not even know what they are.

Ah, you're treading into new kernel memory manager (GEM) territory.
There are a bunch of new userspace APIs for the intel memory manager
to allow for some of the graphics operations to be done in the kernel
(amongst other things).

I would expect another intel driver to be released to accommodate the
API changes released just last week in libdrm-2.4.0. On the other
hand, unless you're using Eric Anholt's drm-intel-next kernel tree,
none of the kernel interfaces are actually there to make the new
libdrm release useful. These have been proposed for linux-2.6.28, but
I don't think they've been merged yet.

So, sticking with libdrm-2.3.1 for now is definitely the safe option.

--
Dan