There was some discussion on the possibility of LFS supporting
multilib in the future earlier and how it would do so.  I have put
some of my modifications onto my site (At this time, I have only
covered Chapter 5, and most likely missing parts of it).

Caveats:  To keep as close to LFS as possible, I chose /lib /usr/lib
for 64bit, and /lib/32 and /usr/lib/32 for 32bit.  I would strongly
discourage anyone else following that, but I do not want to deviate
from what I have tested without more testing.

I am by no means a toolchain developer, and what I have 'appears' to
work for me.

http://nathancoulson.com/proj_lfs.shtml

--
Nathan Coulson (conathan)