On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 01:39:13 +0100, Jean-Philippe MENGUAL wrote:

> what kind of buildings can do a user exactly
> with this stable (6.6)? From 64 to 64 bits? From 32 to 32? Or 32 to 64?

Actually, the underlying build method supports all combinations:

32->32
64->64
32->64
64->32[*]

(* the last one really surprised me as I never designed the method for
this. It just requires some judicious use of `setarch')

And it even works on hybrid hosts ie: those running a 64-bit kernel with
a 32-bit userland.

However, as currently implemented by LFS, the full capabilities of the
build method are not being exploited. But that's OK, because the LFS
target audience probably doesn't need all the possibilities.

Regards
Greg
--
http://www.diy-linux.org/