On 18/04/10 01:52, Andrew Benton wrote:
> I'm not sure this patch is to blame but I'm having some problems with
> compression.
> gzip works for most files but there's one file (which I can uncompress fine
> on other
> systems, including an x86_64 system with gcc-4.5.0) but on this system (i686
> with
> the glibc patch) I get this error
>
> gzip: openjpeg_v1_3.tar.gz: invalid compressed data--crc error
>
> I can gunzip every other gzip file I've tried.
>
> Also, lzop won't work at all:
>
> lzo_init() failed - check your LZO installation !
>
> There's something not right here and my feeling is that the glibc patch is to
> blame.

The problem with lzop was solved by configuring lzo with the option
--without-pic.
The problem with gzip seems to be related to glibc and was solved by using
eglibc.
svn co svn://svn.eglibc.org/trunk/libc
It compiles fine (with gcc-4.5.0 tested on both x86_64 and i686) but had a
problem
installing nscd in tools without libssp available so I disabled installing nscd
with
a simple sed. I don't think we need a nameserver caching daemon in tools.

sed -i 's/ nscd$//' nscd/Makefile

I'm not aware of any problems. Everything seems to be working as it should on
both
i686 and x86_64. Humpty Dumpty is all back together again.

Andy