On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 8:44 AM, Ken Moffat <zarniwhoo...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> (yeah, I know the book is still using gnome-2.28).  In openssl we put
> the certs in
> /etc/ssl/ca-bundle.crt.  I haven't yet identified what else is using
> these, but epiphany is looking for
>  /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt and
> /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt.  I can fix this by passing
> --with-ca-file=/etc/ssl/ca-bundle.crt but ti makes me wonder if we are
> putting them in the wrong place.

I don't think so. Fedora just happens to put them in
/etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt, but I believe Debian/Ubuntu does
something different. If you build wget, you'll see a different
default. I think you just have to make sure the packages use the certs
where you put them.

> Any pointers to investigating this ?  At the moment I'm unclear is
> it's us or the epiphany devs who are mistaken (or, perhaps, some
> distros use one name, and others use a different name).

I think the latter. :)

--
Dan