On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 1:53 AM, akhiezer <lf...@cruziero.com> wrote:
> Matt,
>
> For a long time now, links in your posts often include the full-stop
> (aka 'period') in the linked text - see e.g. the links in your post:
>
> http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-book/2011-August/026906.html
>
> When one clicks on the links, a 404 or similar error happens, cos the
> '.' is interpreted as part of the url; and it kindof 'requires' manual
> correction - which is a pain.
>
> Happens here in Firefox, Seamonkey, and mailx .

I think this is actually a trac bug or a mailman bug rather than on
Matt's end. You can see that mail is just a forward from the activity
in the ticket.

http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/ticket/2914

If you look at the links there, they are correctly ending before the
trailing punctuation. However, in the generated mail (at least in the
mailman archives), the punctuation has been included in the URL. One
of the admins would have to hunt that down.

--
Dan